Wednesday, July 21, 2010

sweet sorrow

it is said that parting is a sweet sorrow. i have to agree.

tonight we had our last family supper together. we enjoyed shrimp, squid, stuffed eggplant, marinated then fried chicken, tomato mozzarella olive "skyscrapers," bread and white wine.

after supper a few friends came over to have a glass of cava (spain's champagne, very good) and bid me farewell.

santanet, natalia's partner, made me a mask. it is of his face and painted with gold and it is beautiful.

vanesa gave me her latest painting: Medusa. it is amazing. i can't wait to get home and frame and hang it. looking at it will make me happy.

my eyes are tearful and my feelings are mixed. today has been bittersweet.

tomorrow morning we go to the airport in barcelona. i head to jfk in new york and then to chicago's ohare airport. tomorrow night i will sleep in my chicago bed.

i miss my friends and family in chicago a ton, but i am very unready to leave my friends and family here. ay, ay.

august will be fabulous. i'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment