Sunday, June 20, 2010

almost gone

i'm leaving for spain on tuesday morning. i arrive wednesday morning at barcelona airport. my friend vanesa will pick me up at the airport and whisk me away to her home outside of girona.

wednesday is the festival of sant joan (saint john) and the celebration of the summer solstice. my hostess is going to have a party at her home to celebrate this important holiday, as well as my "homecoming."

i am starting to feel less ready than i felt 2 days ago. this is probably in part because the actual departure date is closer.
however, due in large part to the generosity of my wonderful friends and family, i'm actually more ready than i feel. if left to my own devices i tend to wait until the last minute - in which case we'd now find me frantically trying to pull it all together.

instead, i find myself with my traveling wardrobe planned and set aside - just waiting to all be properly packed into my borrowed suitcase. i have travel guidebooks and a map of spain. i have an issue of SI that summarizes all of the teams participating in the world cup. i have traveler's cheques. i have gifts for my hostess and family. i have a brand new toothbrush... and so the list goes on. (thank you.)

so, i'm pretty well ready. i hope. i'm excited and anxious. i'll miss you all but i am planning to have a wonderful trip. i'll do my best to keep this blog updated.

xox

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy yourself, sweetie!! Sorry we didn't connect before you left. But there will be PLENTY of summer left for sharing all the juicy details of your travels. Love you bunches!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete